Flu Vaccine Information & Clinics
The Flu Vaccine
For 2019-2020 we will offer the quadrivalent flu shot. Visit the CDC website for detailed information on the flu shot. The CDC web site is also an excellent resource for general information about Influenza vaccination and the 2019-20 Flu season.
*Flumist has been ordered however there is still no guarantee that it will be available this year. If it is available we have been told that shipments will not be received until October.
Who can get the flu vaccine from us? How much does it cost?
We are happy to provide the flu vaccine to all of our patients, parents, grandparents, caretakers, and anyone else interested, under the age of 65 years (64 yrs or younger).
For all of our patients and for non-patients with PPO insurance, we will bill your insurance.
For non-patients with HMO insurance, or patients without insurance, the cash price is $45 for the flu shot.
If you or someone you know is interested, please call our office at 408-268-1122.
Upcoming Flu Vaccine Clinic Days and Times for 2019-20
SEPTEMBER 30-OCTOBER 4
Monday, September 30 : 9am-11am
Thursday, October 3: 9am-11am
Friday, October 4: 2pm-4pm
Thursday, October 3: 2pm-4pm
STARTING SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12TH
Saturday’s 8am-9:30am and 10am-11am
Booking an Appointment
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your child must have an up to date physical (a physical within the last 12 months) in order to be eligible for a flu clinic appointment. If your child is overdue for a physical, an appointment must be made and your child will receive their flu shot at that appointment.
1. You may call at anytime (408-268-1122) to request an appointment slot. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
Date and time frame requested
The number of family members you would like to book
2. If calling after business hours you may leave a message with your first and last name and with the above information.
Failure to leave the above information will result in a delay in booking your slot and you may not get the slot of your choice.
3. We cannot accept appointment requests through the Athena patient portal.
4. If your child is scheduled for a Well Visit (Check-up) with us before December 1st, he/she does not need to attend a flu clinic. A flu shot will be administered at the time of their Well Visit.
How the Flu Vaccine Clinics Work
1. You must call in advance to schedule a specific day and time slot (for example, October 13th 2-4pm).
2. You may arrive anytime within that time block to receive your flu vaccine.
NOTE: We do not accept walk-ins for flu vaccine clinics.